I know the weather is till pretty grim in Dublin, but the slightly milder days have me looking forward to Spring and Summer. About a week ago I was browsing boots and faux fur and now I find myself looking for swing dresses and strappy sandals… absolute notions considering the short Summers we usually get here, but I am so ready to shed the heavy coats and get a little skin out.
I have been putting together a little capsule Spring/ Summer wardrobe and looking for the best bargains possible. I don’t get as much wear from my Summer dresses as I do my black jeans so I am more comfortable shopping high street and finding bargains, so even if I do only get a couple of wears from an item, the cost per wear is great value.
Of course if you would like to invest in some of these items, that is totally up to you. And if you do live in a warmer climate than it is probably better value to invest in high quality items for Spring & Summer.
There are a few items I wanted to hit with my wish list capsule Spring wardobe, but I also wanted to embrace some key trends that are going to be everywhere this season. These trends include Lace, Embroidery, Floral Prints, Ruffles, Bardot necklines, Gingham print and Denim!
I am not one to embrace every single trend every season, but these trends are easy to incorporate no matter what your personal style, taste and budget.
- Boohoo Lara Pleated Frill Detail Shift Dress. I am obsessed with this little shift and the gorgeous trend of ruffle/ frills. I could see myself wearing this with sandals, trainers and ankle boots depending on my mood and it would be perfect for holidays and even festivals! I chose the colour red but it is also available in black and white also. €30 shop here.
- Carvela Super Espadrilles. I am bargain obsessed and when I spotted these lace espadrilles on sale for €20 down from €120 I just couldn’t resist ordering a pair. I love espadrilles in Summer, they are usually very comfortable and look great with jeans, skirts, shorts and dresses. The floral lace is a big trend for Summer and this is a great but subtle way of introducing it into your wardrobe. €19 Shop here.
- Pretty Little Things Floral Embroidered Denim Jacket. How many trends can one piece tick? Oversized Yeezy style, Floral, Embroidered and of course Denim! It has been years since I owned a denim jacket but I would love one for Spring/ Summer and give my biker jacket a break. This would look fabulous over a Summer dress or even with a white tee and skinny jeans. €74 Shop here.
- Boohoo Genevieve Blouson Sleeve Blouse. Gingham is back, and not in an ironic way at all. Usually when it comes into style we see a country style but this season the gingham print has a more chic presence. This particular blouse is fabulous as it features balloon sleeves (another big trend) and would look fabulous with a denim skirt or slim trousers. €27 Shop here.
- Lulu Guinness Leather Lips Cross Body. This season is all about fun accessories and fashion and what is more fun than a big pair of red lips? The lips are a signature look for Lulu Guinness, but this style of bag is relatively new. I am all about the cross bodies these days as they give you a lot more freedom and allow you to carry the essentials and not get bogged down with an over stuffed bag. This particular bag is a quite expensive but I have seen some gorgeous alternatives on the high street. €180 Shop here.
- Missguided Embroidered Mini Skirt. For someone who lives in all black for most of the year, I actually adore denim, particularly in the warmer months. This is a great transitional piece as it can be worn with tights and boots now and bare legs later in the year. It also features my favourite trend and that is floral embroidery. €34 Shop here.
- Missguided Floral Print Flare Sleeve Bardot Top. How many trends can one piece hit? Bardot neckline to show off a little skin, flare sleeves because sleeves are the new everything! And of course florals for Spring/ Summer, essential! This is a great piece for wearing with both jeans and skirts. €30 Shop here.
- Quay Noosa Sunglasses. I am obsessed with sunglasses and wear them all Spring and Summer long, even if the sun is only peeking through the clouds. When investing in sunglasses I like to go with classics like Ray Ban, but when I am embracing trends like these marble effect glasses I love brands like Quay who make trend driven styles at affordable prices. €53 Shop here.
- Missguided Studded Block Heel Sandal. In the past I have not enjoyed mid heels and I have been a ‘go high or go home’ kind of gal when it came to my shoes, but I have started to come around to mid block heels for Summer. I love strappy sandals and this style looks a little dressier. I would loves these sandals for the days where I have something on after work and want to look a little dressed up without wearing my super high heels. This particular embellished style is Valentino inspired and would look great with dresses and jeans. €45 Shop here.
- ASOS High Waist Mom Jeans. I treated myself to a pair of light wash jeans in Penneys recently and it immediately reignited my love for denim. It has been a long time since I swapped my black jeans for something a little lighter and I decided I need more denim jeans in my closet, and maybe less black! This pair has a high rise which I love and is a mom cut that is perfect for Summer when skin tight jeans can feel a little uncomfortable. €47 Shop here.
- V by Very Badge Military Jacket. I have a khaki parka that I just live in throughout Spring and Summer and it always comes to festivals with me. It is not quite waterproof but it has a big hood and is great for those Spring showers that start and stop quite quickly. Khaki is also a great colour for this time of year as it is quite neutral without being as harsh as black. I am considering upgrading to this jacket from Littlewoods because I am obsessed with the badge details! €75 shop here.
- Adidas Red Gazelle Trainers. Over the past two years my trainer collection has grown but I have yet to get too adventurous, outside of my rose gold nike cortez. I would love a red pair of gazelles as I think they would look so cool with jeans/ denim skirts and white tees, along with just about every other item in this wish list. €100 Shop here.
When putting together this wish list I really wanted all of the items to compliment one another and to mix well, which I think I have achieved. One of the ways I did this was by focusing on one bright colour, which is red, if this is not your thing than you can focus on any other colour and mix and match shades of that colour with neutrals like black, white and denim.
Are there any key trends that you think I missed out on? Let me know in the comments below.