Recently I have been posting a lot about luxury beauty but the truth is that I adore my bargains. There are tonnes of affordable brands and products that I rely on daily. I love finding fabulous dupes for luxury items, and I think the quality of affordable brands now a days are just phenomenal.
I wanted to do a quick run through of a few products that I reach for almost daily that are cheap as chips and in my opinion deserve a place in everyone’s beauty routine.
- H&M Bronzer €7.99– I use this as a day-to-day bronzer when I need to warm up my makeup. Bonus it comes with a mirror so I usually keep it in my bag. It comes in six different shades so finding a good colour match is easier than most bargain brands.
- & Other Stories Lipstick €15*– I am so obsessed with the beauty department in this store and their lipsticks come in 50 shades! The one in my handbag constantly is Imperial Carmine. I change lipsticks all the time and I this one isn’t super affordable but the quality is similar to a luxury brand.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder €5 *– Who doesn’t loves a little glow? Well actually this isn’t a little glow, this palette packs a lot of luminosity.
- Maybelline Brow Satin pencil €8.49– I am so fussy with my brows and the products that I use. I love my luxury items like Anastasia Beverly Hills, Benefit and Lancome but I decided to put this pencil to the test recently and I quite like it. It is not as slim as the brow whiz or the precisely my brow pencil but it is great when I want to quickly fill in and shape my brows on a day-to-day basis. I have to be honest and if I am going on a night out and want my brows on fleek I do not use this product, but for a day-to-day fuller brow this pencil is great!
- Maybelline Eyestudio Colour Tattoo Cream Gel €10.49– I use the shade Creme de Nude as an eye shadow primer. I find that powder eyeshadow really stick to this product and it can intesify shadows and make it last way longer.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Matte & Poreless €8.99– I have been using Fit Me foundation for about 4 years and the matte & poreless version for a year now. This is my everyday foundation with medium coverage that is buildable. I have combination/oily skin which is why I prefer the matte & poreless version, but I do still love the original version. Note the colour above is not my colour, 110 is super pale that I usually blend it with other shades to lighten them if I don’t have tan on.
- Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara €8.99– I have been a fan of the Maybelline mascaras for as long as I can remember. They launch new mascaras all the time and I love trying them all out. At the moment this is the one I am wearing daily. Again this is a day-to-day mascara and when I want really dramatic false lash look I go for a luxury brand like Urban Decay or YSL.
- Maybelline Eraser Eye Concelaer €11.99– This is another product I have been using since it launched and I actually prefer it to a lot of luxury concealers. This is one of the bargain products that I use daily and also wear it on nights out for full coverage looks. It is designed for the eye but I also use it for correction on breakouts and to subtly highlight my face.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream €7.75– I love a matte lip but I hate when liquid lipsticks dry out my lips and make your lips look cracked after an hour or two. The soft matte lip creams give a gorgeous matte finish but are so soft & creamy and feel moisturising on. The colours are really nice, but I always find myself going for the nudes, which there is a great selection of.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara €7.49– I always use a brow mascara to add volume and texture to my eyebrows and I have a few luxury versions that I live by, but a good day-to-day one is this Maybelline version. This accentuates each brow hair to give fuller thicker looking brows. The only thing I don’t love is how big the brush is as my brows are so skinny that I prefer smaller applicator, but for the price this one is pretty fabulous!
You may have noticed that Maybelline is my go to budget friendly brand and the main reason for that is because I am always buying the foundation and concealer so when Boots are offering a 3 for 2 that is when I test and try new products because they are pretty much free!
Hair & Body:
- St Moriz Advanced Pro Formula Tanning Mousse €6.49*– For so many years I only used luxury tans because more affordable tans were orange, smelled so bad and would take so long to dry. Now a days affordable brands have really stepped up their game, and I am hugely impressed by St Moriz. Firstly I love mousse tans because they apply so easily, I never get white patches or miss any spots. It dries down so quickly and leaves an instant bronzy shade. When the colour is fully developed it is really natural looking, and the formula fades so evenly over a few days.
- Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo €6.49– For years I hated dry shampoo because I only used batiste and it always left a white gross residue on my hair. Last Summer I decided to try out the Aussie version because I love their shampoo & conditioners and I was so impressed! This version does not leave a white layer on my hair and also adds a little bit of volume to my roots. I also have to add that the scent is beautiful.
- Vaseline €2.69: This is probably the product I use most in the world. I wear it daily for my lips and at night I also put it on my lashes and brows in an attempt to get them to grow. Every so often I get a little dry patches on my arm and I will treat it with Vaseline. This product is just so versatile and an absolute essential!
- Nip + Fab Glycholic Pads €17.99– These little pads have been a life saver over the past year or so. I did write a full review here but a quick roundup is that it helps with breakouts, smooths the texture of my skin and tones. Keep an eye out for special offers on Boots because I usually pick these up half price or 3 for 2.
- Boots Eye Gel €1.99– This is not my anti ageing eye cream but this is a really nice refreshing eye gel that I reach for if my eyes are puffy or sore. It is a really lightweight formula that feels great on the skin.
- Garnier Skin Active Oil Infused Cleansing Water €8.29– I have been using Garnier Micellar water for so many years as a makeup remover and the oil infused version is now my total favourite. The oil slides off black eye makeup so easily and I get all of my makeup off in about 3 pads. I will then usually use a cleanser to actually clean my skin.
- Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb €2.09– I love a good sheet mask and I adore my hyaluronic acid masks from Indeed but they cost about €28 for 4. I decided to try out these masks from Garnier on a recent trip to masks and they are my new obsession. These masks have hyaluronic acid so they are really hydrating and leave my skin feeling plum and refreshed.
There you have it, I am always in Boots on the hunt for bargain beauty and when I find something great I tend to stick with it. If you think I am missing out on any amazing beauty products please let me know in the comments below!