it’s not everyday that I get an invitation to enjoy a fashionable brunch at one of Ireland’s most luxurious hotels, and it is certainly not everyday that Myleene Klass will be present. Of course when this invitation landed in my inbox I did not hesitate to RSVP.
The event was a beautiful sit down brunch at the Westbury hotel to have up close look at the Myleene Klass Littlewoods collection, and have the opportunity to ask Myleene about her 27th collection for the online retailer.
Dress to impress, but also it is so cold out! This is the first time this Winter that I broke out my oversized faux fur from ASOS. I kept everything else super simple with a black roll neck, black jeans and my snake boots.
Prior to Myleene joining us, we had an opportunity to browse the collection.
How much do I need this leopard print travel set?! Shop here.
The leopard coat grabbed my attention of course, as it combines my favourite print with a glamorous faux fur collar. Shop here.
Pretty little lacy things. Every girl needs a gorgeous collection of lingerie.
The red and gold rail really grabbed my attention, with sequins and embroidery the two biggest trends for Winter.
I loved all the looks on the mannequins but my eyes were particularly drawn to the sequin burgundy mini dress, shop here.
One of the only things that can drag me away from gorgeous fashion, is delicious food. We were seated and served these amazing brunch and I honestly cleared my plate, mug and two glass jars! SO GOOD!
We were joined by the gorgeous Myleene, and the Q & A portion was led by fashion stylist Courtney Smith.
First thing I wanted to say about Myleene is how genuine and normal she seems. It didn’t feel like she was there to ‘sell’, it felt like she wanted to just have a chat about gorgeous fashion and life in general. The second thing that became quite apparent is that this is not a celebrity line she has signed her name to, this is the Myleene Klass line that she designs for her customer and herself. She spoke so passionately about the line, and explained how hours of her time could be spent fighting for the finer details of each piece. As Littlewoods is on online retailer, and you cannot touch the products before purchasing, Myleene felt each item needed to have those gorgeous details and quality fabrics to ensure her customers were not disappointed with their new outfit.
Something else Myleene wanted us to know is that she wears her collection, and loves it. She has sat next to Anna Wintour in one of her own mini dresses, and is about to attend a royal event in one of her gorgeous gowns. She was one of the first celebrities to bring high street clothing to the red carpet, and was really passionate about dressing to make yourself happy, not to impress anyone else.
Finally Myleene made it clear that she is so devoted to her line and designs and her customer. She is always thinking of where her customer will be wearing each item, what they will be doing, and why they would choose this item over anything else. She revealed that she looks at every tweet and instagram where her customers tag her to show off their purchase and she saves them! So if in the passed you have instagrammed yourself in one of her party dresses and tagged her, chances are she has that picture saved somewhere and looks at it from time to time when planning her next collection.
One little fact that was extremely impressive is that one item from her collection is sold every 60 seconds, which means your favourite item could sell out any minute now!
So what can I say, I have a serious boss lady crush on Myleene Klass, and have half of the collection wish listed right now!
I edited down my top 9 items here, which I am really in love with!
- Leopard coat: As I mentioned before this coat grabbed my attention as soon as I walked in the door. Leopard + faux fur collar = DREAM COAT. Shop here.
- Red Lace Midi: When in doubt, wear red! This dress has a luxury look, with a high street price tag. Ideal for a wedding or Christmas party! Shop here.
- Sequin high neck: ALL THE SEQUINS PlEASE! I love this gorgeous top and would wear it all throughout the party season with both skirts and trousers. Shop here.
- Jumpsuit: This is actually the jumpsuit of my dreams! Classic black and super flattering wide leg pants. I would love to wear this as is, but also layer over different tops and shirts for different looks. Shop here.
- Military Coat: A classic coat with gorgeous gold buttons and zips. This would look amazing dressed down with jeans and jumper, and over a fabulous dress. Shop here.
- Cable Knit Jumper: A winter essential, and something I would personally style with item 9, the leather pants! This looks so cosy & chic. Shop here.
- Sequin Mini: I already mentioned this fabulous mini earlier as it grabbed my attention almost immediately. I personally love the burgundy shade and this is just ideal for Christmas and New Years parties! Shop here.
- Red Gown: I wish I had somewhere fancy to this amazing gown! As we enjoyed our brunch a modelled walked through the room in this red dress and the way it moved was simply stunning. Shop here.
- Leather Trousers: I live in my faux leather trousers in Winter, and I would love to own a pair of real leather. These are just so chic and cool, I would dress us with pretty tops, and wear casually with knits and runners. Shop here.
I already really liked the clothing from this collection, but after spending and afternoon in Myleene’s presence I really love the brand and appreciate how much thought and detail goes into each item.
Let me know in the comments below what piece or pieces are your favourite.
Until next time,