It has been a while since I did a night out makeup routine and discussed my favourite products. It takes a village when putting my look together so be prepared for many, many products. For some people this is a totally over the top routine, so don’t think you have to use this many products! Take a read through and see why I love the products I do use and why I always reach for them when I want my makeup to last all night long.
- L’oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer: As someone with combination skin I tend to get shiny around my nose and chin, and sometimes my forehead. To prevent this from being an issue I rely on my trusty L’oreal primer. This one is cheap and cheerful and really works for me. I apply a small amount to the back of my hand and with a damp beauty blender I apply it to my face, concentrating on my nose, chin and forehead. I do not apply it to my upper lip as I find mattifying products can bring out the fine hair there and make it look like a full on moustache.
- Marc Jacobs Full Coverage Foundation Concentrate: I recently raved about this product in a detailed post. It is my favourite foundation for a night out as it offers full coverage but feels really light weight. Just like the primer I apply a small amount to the back of my hand and apply to my face with a damp beauty blender.
- Urban Decay Naked Concealer: I have been using these concealers for about a year now and do really like them. I use the brush applicator to draw triangular shapes under my eyes, down my nose and my cupids bow for highlight. Again I reach for the damp beauty blender to blend it all in. I also take a small amount of concealer when necessary for spot coverage.
- Urban Decay Naked Setting Powder: For a night out I like to bake under my eye, using the Real Techniques sponge I take the flat side and pack on a thick layer of powder under my eyes. I also take a little powder with the sponge and apply around my chin and nose to prevent shine. I let this sit while I start working on my eyes. I will come back to this in a few minutes to complete my face.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: I take the spooly from one of the crayon and brush my brows down towards my eyes. With the hairs out-of-the-way I can outline the upper of my brows using the crayon. I then brush my hairs up and outline underneath. Finally I brush the hairs outwards and check if I have any gaps in the outline of my eyebrow.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade: I only really use this product on nights out as it is quite heavy and can be intense for a day-to-day look (to see my day-to-day routine for eyebrows click here). I use an angled brush and fill in my eyebrow with short hairlike strokes. With this pomade a little goes a long way, so start with a tiny amount and build it up slowly.
- Lancome Eyebrow Mascara: To ensure my brows keep the shape, and to add a little texture I use this amazing brow mascara from Lancome. It really locks the brows in place and gives the appearance of fuller brows.
- Maybelline Tattoo cream eyeshadow: I use a nude colour of this product as an eyeshadow primer/ base to ensure that my lid is even in texture and colour. I use my ring finger to gently apply this all over my lid, right up to the eyebrows. This is another product where a little goes a long way so use sparingly.
- The Balm Meet Matte Trimony Palette: This is my current eyeshadow obsession. I usually reach for Matt Lin for a base eyeshadow, I will then create a warm smokey brown eye using Matt Lopez, Matt Rossi and Matt Evans.
- Inglot AMC black pencil: When I don’t want a dramatic eye I like to line my upper lash line with this pencil. It does define the eyes without being as overpowering as a liquid line. I draw the line very closely to my lashes and then using my ring finger to gently smoke/ smudge the line. If I am using liquid liner it is The Balm Shwing liner.
- NYX wonder pencil: This lovely nude shade is ideal for lining my inner lower lash line, and opens my eyes up.
- The Balm Mad Lash Mascara: I apply two generous coats on each upper lash.
- Waterproof Mascara: I apply one coat to my lower lashes. I am not as picky about the brand but I usually opt for one with a small wand.
- Nouveau Lashes: If I am wearing false lashes I usually wear Nouveau lashes as they are so light weight and the glue is amazing! I am also part of the #LashGang so I get the opportunity to test out their products for my blog.
I take my big powder brush and dust off the excess powder from baking under my eye and spread a little powder all over.
- Benefit Cheekathon: I am DYING over this Palette! It has amazing blush and bronzers that I use all over my face. I contour my face with Hoola bronzer, with an angles bush I apply it along the hallows of my cheeks, the edges of my face and jaw line and down the side of my nose. I will then reach for either Dandelion or Coralista (sometimes both) and add a pop of colour to my cheeks.
- Becca Champagne Pop: I love this highlighter and I use it along my cheekbones, cupids bow and the tip of my nose.
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer: Another gorgeous highlighter, this one a little icier. When I want an extreme highlight I layer this over champagne pop.
This is where I usually chose between a bunch of nude lipsticks and pencils!
- MAC Lip Liner in Boldly Bare or Spice: These are my two favourite colours and I line my lips and fill in them in using these pencils.
- NYX Matte Lip Cream in Cannes: I spoke about my love of this colour recently (see here) and I find this colour wears really well.
- Urban Decay Back Talk Vice Lipstick: Another lipstick I raved about in my Summer favourites. A matte nude pink lipstick is exactly what I want on a night out!
SETTING IT ALL IN PLACE
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I don’t know what I was doing before I introduced this into my routine. This spray helps to keep my makeup in place all night long!
Did you spot any of your favourite products on the list? Am I missing your best beauty product? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Until next time,