If only online shopping had been what it is today, eleven years ago when I went to my debs. Unfortunatly at the time there were only a handful of boutiques and shops around Dublin that offered gorgeous gowns, and they really knew how to charge for a big dress back then! I believe my princess style embellished ball gown was around the €300/€400 price range, and that was reasonable in that day and age. Luckily now girls can get totally dolled up on a much smaller budget. If I were heading to a ball or black tie event in the near future, here are some of the dresses I would most likely opt for, and found fabulous gowns from as little as €35, going right up to €400.
Click the images below to shop online or keep scrolling for details.
- Shine bright like a diamond: This gorgeous gown from Missguided is from their premium collection and reasonably priced at €133, considering all the beautiful embellishment. Shop online here.
- Modern Romance: The boho in me really loves this draping dress from ASOS. The silhouette is classic but features a modern cold shoulder detail and ombre skirt. Shop online here.
- Classic and Chic: This blush pink gown from ASOS makes a serious style statement with one shoulder the one shoulder neckline. Shop online here.
- WOW in White: This dress is so beautiful I could see it on a bride. Unlike traditional wedding dresses, this gown is very fun and modern, however the details mean it is the most expensive dress in the edit with a €380 price tag. Shop online here.
- Cheap and Chic: After the most expensive dress I have to bring you the most affordable. This cute lilac strapless number from Missguided will only set you back €35, leaving you with cash to spend on gorgeous jewels. Shop online here.
- Blue Ballerina: A gorgeous tulle skirt maxi dress with a embellished bodice, very feminine and totally girlie! Shop online here.
- Love and Lace: This gorgeous high neck dress has semi sheer lace, balancing sexy and classy beautifully. Shop online here.
- Sexy and Sheer: A nude illusion gown with a lovely lace overlay. Although the dress offers a nude illusion, the only skin on show is from the open back. Shop online here.
- Pretty as a Princess: Another gown that fetches a higher price, but when you see the embellished detail you can understand why. The beaded bodice is complimented with a tulle skirt. Shop online here.
If paying for a dress that you will only wear once does not sit well, then buying a gorgeous gown may not be ideal for you. My favourite boutique in Dublin, Coco Boutique, is now offering a dress rental service, where designer gowns can be rented from €150. Here are some of my favourite options.
If you are heading to a Debs this year then I hope you have a fabulous night and love your outfit!
Until next time,