Well that Irish Summer was quick! Hopefully sunny weather is coming back soon!
Summer usually causes a little bit of a dilemma for me:
- I am naturally very pale and rely on fake tans to give me a gorgeous bronze glow. In my 28 years I have never gotten a gorgeous even tan, I usually burn and peel so I am happiest with factor 30 (minimum) and a bronzed skin from a bottle.
- My all-black obsession becomes an all-white obsession in Summer. For anyone who wears fake tan you will know that is NOT a match made in heaven!
Because of this, I tend to spend as little as possible on white clothes, as I am replacing them so often. When I visited Zara (my mother ship) recently I spotted this super cute drop waist peplum blouse and was immediately drawn to its crispness. Knowing that I would only ruin it after a couple of wears I was prepared to walk away, until I spotted the price: €17.95! BARGAIN!
I justified purchasing it, as even if I did have to get rid of it after a handful of wears, it is so cheap and cheerful that I couldn’t be upset.
The shape is so pretty, a little whimsical and really feminine. I decided to premier my new wardrobe addition at a Summer BBQ in Brittas with Conor’s family (it is almost hard to believe that over a week ago it was so hot in Ireland, and now the rain is back). I paired it with a vintage pair of ripped denim cut offs and a rose gold pair of sandals from Zara (last year collection). Shop the look below.
For Summer days I love glowing skin and wanted to load on the highlighter. I started with Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights which is a liquid illuminators. Following my setting powder I applied both Soft & Gentle from MAC and the Glow from Charlotte Tilburry’s Bronze & Glow palette. I kept the rest of my makeup simple enough, wanting the highlight to be the main focus.
WHAT I WORE:
- Zara Peplum Top // Shop here
- Vintage Denim Shorts // Similar here
- Zara metallic Sandals // Similar here
- Ray Ban Aviators // Shop here
- My tan is BondiSands // Shop here
Another downside to Summer is that all of your bruises are on display! I am so clumsy and I did have a picture of the back of my outfit but it was accompanied with a massive bruise on my leg from falling off a chair last week! Probably should have put some Lovely Legs from Cocoa Brown over it cover up!
I hope you are having a lovely Summer, and getting out in the sunshine when it makes an appearance.
Until next time,