You know when you see paparazzi shots of Taylor swift leaving the gym and she just looks amazing? I have no clue how she does that! However, I do have a couple of beauty hacks that I want to share with you all, that could help you feel and look a little more swifty than shitty.
I usually workout in the mornings so I when I leave the gym I don’t have time to go back home and pull myself together, so I need to bring a couple of products in my gym bag that will set me up for a full day of work and meetings. I have a couple of hacks and then a small list of products that allow me to look human for the day.
- Boxer braids/ french braids- I know boxer braids are a new fad thanks to the Kardashian/Jenners, but I have been wearing my hair in a french plait for my gym sessions for over a year now. I find when my hair is really back from my face it gets less sweaty (great image there for you all, but it’s a reality, that’s why so many fitness models have part of their heads shaved!) The braid also adds loose waves to my hair, which is a look I usually wear anyway.
- Dry Shampoo– So the braids do help, but if your hair does get a little sweaty, or damp from the steam in the shower than dry shampoo is your best friend. It reduces the appearance of oils and also adds volume and body. I usually keep a travel size of batiste in my bag, which is much more convenient that the full size. Shop here.
- Fold up hair brush– I usually carry one of the fold up hair brushes/ mirrors on nights out, but they’re so handy that I like to keep one in my bag at all times. I found mine in Tiger and I think it was €2.
- Boots tea tree pads– I usually work out totally bare-faced, having only applied moisturiser beforehand. Even without makeup my pores can still get clogged after working up a sweat, unless I properly exfoliate. Makeup wipes just don’t do it for me, and this convenient little pot of soaked exfoliating pads is handy to keep in my bag. They unblock pores and smooth the skin and are soaked in tea tree and witch hazel, that fight spots. There are 60 pads in each pot so this €7 product could last me over 2 months.
- Vaseline spray and go– I don’t like hanging around in the gym locker room, so after testing out a couple of moisturisers I have found this spray one from Vaseline is the most efficient. It sprays on, I rub it and it dries in a few seconds. I usually opt for a richer body cream at night, but this light formula is great in the morning.
- Travel size deodorant this one is pretty self explanatory.
- Nip + Fab Viper Wrinkle Fix Serum– Serum is one of the most important steps to skin care in my opinion, so I avoid skipping this step when possible. This Viper Venon from Nip + Fab acts to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and also uses blur technology to immediately soften imperfections. If I do want to have a makeup free day, the blur technology is really handy!
- Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15– A pink hued brightening moisturiser (also great for makeup free days) and it contains SPF 15. I usually try to stick to with SPF 30 or higher, but this 2 in 1 product saves a little space in my gym bag.
- Gym Makeup Bag- I pack a small makeup bag for the gym and usually cover the basics. I keep a travel set of makeup brushes (foundation & powder mainly) and I keep a few essential products.
Can you tell I am a fan of Maybelline?
There you have it, 12 products and one hair style that might just help you feel a little less gross when leaving the gym. If you have any products or tips that help set you up for the day after a big work out, please let me know in the comments below.
Until next time,