Every so often I purchase a lottery ticket and let my imagination run amuck. Usually I will find myself browsing the Net-A-Porter app and see myself replace my carefully curated high-street wardrobe with delicious and ridiculously expensive pieces. To be honest even if I were a millionaire I would probably still live in stores like Zara, but an extra red sole or two wouldn’t hurt.
I strangely found myself in a bit of a grey mood this weekend, which is a huge change from my “all black everything” standard, and was really attracted to some lighter pieces on the Net-A-Porter site. It must be because the sun has decided to show up after a really long and dark winter.
So here are my top pieces that I would love to get my hands on, but currently are a very distant dream.
- Everyone went wild for a chance to buy a piece from the Balmain and H&M collaboration late last year, but how fabulous would your Saturday nights be if you were slipping into a Balmain mini dress for cocktails. This is a muted tiger print knit dress that features the brands signature structured shoulders and body hugging shape. Shop here.
- I have lusted after a Balenciaga city bag for so many years, my friend Greta has a giant one and it just goes with everything! I love the colour of this grey one, it would love great all round, even with an all white look in the Summer. This style can be worn with the long strap over your shoulder or on the crook of your arm with the two top handles, so it is really versatile. I would live in this bag, big enough to fit anything you could need without being oversized, and it is a classic with a little bit of edge. Shop here.
- Disclaimer: I own 3 pairs of Louboutin shoes, two pairs are a 100mm heel and one pair is 120mm, just like these gold Follies, and the 120mm pair are murder on my feet! Wearing them and walking anywhere is basically torture compared to my other two pairs, but gosh they are pretty. Hopefully if I ‘win the lotto’ and buy theses shoes, I can afford to have a driver take me everywhere so I don’t actually have to walk in them. I have also heard that rich people get botox in their feet to make these kind of shoes bearable… just saying! If I haven’t turned you off ever buying a pair of heels ever again, you can shop this pair here.
- In between foot Botox appointments I will probably have to wear a slightly more practical shoe, and I love espadrilles. I live in this style of flat for Summer, they look cute with just about every type of outfit. This pair from Valentino are gorgeous, with a classic black lace. They would look fabulous with a sun dress, shorts, skinny jeans… pretty much any type of sunny day look. Shop here.
- I live in biker jackets, but usually black ones, aside from one white and one light pink. I think it is time to expand my horizons and invest in colours outside of black. This gorgeous piece from Karl Lagerfeld ticks all of my boxes: a clean look, the right amount of hardware and a fitted shape. Also, how amazing would this look with the grey Balenciaga bag?! Shop here.
- Sunglasses are a girls best friend, they hide a multitude of sins, especially this oversized pair from Alexander McQueen. Round frames have become really popular in the last few years, and I love the size of this particular style. Shop here.
- When I dress down, I dress DOWN! There are no cashmere sweats in my wardrobe, I usually look like a bit of bum. I love the idea of wearing fabulous, well put together pieces when I dressed down, like this gorgeous printed cotton sweatshirt from Alexander McQueen. The shape is simple, the print is cute and it would look great with a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of runners. Shop here.
- Many moons ago when I worked in a luxury department store, I got a bargain buy of a fuchsia pink Balenciaga coin purse for about €50 or so! That little purse is now falling apart (after a lot of wear and tear) and I would love to get a new one to replace it. These little wallets are so chic, and perfect for when you want to run around without a bag or when carrying a smaller clutch. Shop here.
- I love the scallop edges of these Marysia bikinis, they always look so flattering on (usually celebrities papped on their beach vacations). If I ever do win the lotto, I will probably find myself in the sun a lot more often, so I will need a whole beach wardrobe! As much as I am a fan of high street bikinis, there is a difference between luxury swimwear, and more affordable pieces, and usually it is how they hold and fit the body. Shop here.
So that is my lottery wish list, let me know what your first purchase would be if won the lotto, in the comments below!
Until next time,