My beauty wishlist is still a mile long, but there are several products that I discovered last year and will be using in 2016. There were a couple of disappointing products this year, but I don’t want to dwell on that, I want to focus on the positives and all of the beauty and skincare items that I loved over the last year.
- Last year Conor surprised me with not one but two amazing perfumes, which I never would have bought for myself. Last valentine’s day I was treated to a Jo Malone scent in Blush Suede and Peonies. I love this light and floral fragrance, and wear it almost everyday. In October he surprised me with with a big bottle of Chanel number 5. In the past I only had Coco Mademoiselle, so I feel pretty grown up to have the number 5 version now. This scent is much stronger, so it is my evening/ night out fragrance.
Shop Jo Malone here / Shop Chanel here.
- I recently wrote about upgrading from the standard He-Shi liquid express tan, to the 1 hour rapid tan, and I have never looked back. The colour is deeper, it applies so easily and it drys instantly! Tan is one of those things that I just can’t live without, and I apply it at least once a week. He-Shi is one of those tans that is a little more expensive to buy, but lasts a hell of a lot longer than any other tan I have ever used. Read my full review here. Shop He-Shi here.
- Staying on the body, I discovered the worlds most amazing body gel last year. Having said that, I havn’t tried and tested too many body lotions and moisturisers, I will usually stick to classic body butters and creams from well known brands such as nivea, vaseline etc. This year I tried out Nip + Fab Hyaluronic Acid body fix and couldn’t believe the difference a few euro in price could make on skin. I literally felt silky smooth and soft all over, even in places such as elbows where my skin would usually be a little bit little rougher. Read my full review here. Shop here.
- Continuing my love affair with Hyaluronic acid, I was recommended the Hydraluron range last year and it has transformed my skin. I am constantly tweaking my skincare routine and becoming more aware of the ingredients I should have in my routine. Hyaluronic acid is a natural occuring ingredient which can be found in joints and eyeballs- places you do not want to be dry! This ingredient is all about keeping skin hydrated and locking moisture in. In your twenties skincare should be all about moisturising, before worrying about intense anti-ageing products. Read my full review here. Shop here.
- Now onto makeup- I tested out two new foundations last year and I have kept them in my beauty routine. Inglot HD Foundation & Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation have been my two favourite ‘going out’ foundations for 2015, and I will be carrying them through to 2016. Both of these foundations are quite different, and there are times when I have mixed them together. For me, the Inglot HD foundation is a matte full coverage foundation which is a little too heavy to wear day to day. If I want to ensure that my foundation doesn’t move all day, this is the one I reach for. For a beautiful glow and medium to full coverage I reach for Charlotte Tilbury, as this one doesn’t quite have the staying power, but gives a gorgeous finish. To read my full review of these foundations click here for Inglot and here for Charlotte Tilbury.
Shop Inglot here. Shop Charlotte Tilbury here.
- Last Summer my sister Ria was working in Brown Thomas and I jumped on the opportunity to use her family discount. The Warm Neutral palette had been on my wishlist for months, so this was my chance to get my hands on it without feeling too guilty. I have a couple of palettes, including Urban Decay Naked, Makeup Revolution and more, but this is the one I reach for daily. Whether I want to create a soft day-time look, or go for full on drama, this palette has everything I need. See my full review here. Shop here.
- In 2014 I discovered Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade, and it is still one of my all time favourite products. This year I got my hands on her Brow wiz pen and I fell in love. This is a favourite product for celebrities, including Kylie Jenner, and it is easy to see why. The pen is double ended, with a spooly on one end for brushing through brows, and the actual crayon for filling in (or drawing on in my case) eyebrows. If you do end up applying too much product on the eyebrows, you can simply brush through using the spooly and start again. See my full review here. Shop here.
- I heard a lot of good things about the Urban Decay naked skin concealer, and wanted to try it out for myself. I am already a big fan of the Naked Foundation, as it is so light on the skin. The concealer is amazing, it it so lightweight but offers amazing coverage. I will use this concealer in two ways, under my foundation to disguise blemishes and dark circle, and over foundation for fuller coverage. You can see my full review here. Shop here.
- I was not immune to the Kylie Jenner lip craze of 2015, and I found myself picking up lots of lip liners throughout the year. Two stood out to me, and I have continued to reach for them time and time again. They are both MAC, which are my favourite formulation- creamy but structured enough to draw precise lines. Boldly Bare is a soft nude pink shade and Spice which is a soft beige nude, that lends itself to the 90s lip trend that we saw come back this year. See my review here. Shop lipliners here.
So that’s it, the products I found in 2015 that are now a part of my regular routine.
I would love to know some of your favourite products below, and let me know if you loved or loathed any of these products listed above.
Until next time,