If it is too early for you to be checking out Christmas posts, apologies! But I am really excited now for Christmas, especially as the weather is so bad, I need something to look forward to.
I have already started to check out some gifts online to buy for my family and friends, and this year I would love to give my money to a local business, supporting Irish companies, and finding gifts that are a little different.
Ireland is home to so many creative businesses, and I have rounded up a selection of gifts that I personally love, and they range in price from €20 to €200.
- Newbridge Silverware: Triple Bangle Birthstone. A beautiful friendship style bracelet with two rose gold and one silver plated bangles attached by a charm. I have chosen the August birthstone, as that is my birthstone, but of course you can get it for any month. Newbridge isn’t exactly a small local business, but it is a great example of a fabulous Irish brand. This bracelet is available for €40, which I think is fabulous value. Shop here.
- Love and Robots: I first came across this brand at The Web Summit in 2014, as it was an innovative business using 3D printing to provide custom and unique jewellery. I love personalised gifts, and these textlaces are really affordable. This piece can be completely customised to feature different colours and finished with prices ranging from €35 for acrylic letters all the way to €190 for sterling silver. The necklace I have designed here is €45 and it features mirror acrylic letters. Browse their full selection and design your own piece here.
- Chupi: I couldn’t talk about Irish jewellery designers and leave out Chupi, Image Magazine’s young Businesswoman of the year! Chupi is the queen of delicate jewellery, and also offers personalised pieces. I obviously am self obsessed as I would just LOVE a G initial ring, which I think is really reasonably priced at €79. Shop here and check out the rest of her beautiful collection.
- My Shining Armour: Although this website is best known for jewellery, I am obsessed with their diary/ agenda selection. For a very short time My Shining Armour did have some Ban.do diaries available, however they sold out lightning fast! The good news is that there are some gorgeous Kate Spade agendas for 2016 still in stock, and I am particularly obsessed with this gold polka dot one for €38. This is the ideal gift for the girl on the go, who needs to keep track of meetings, coffee dates, birthdays and fabulous occasion. Shop here.
- Hippenings: The brainchild of Confetti editor Laura Cunningham, Hippenings is a new and gorgeous website that offers unique and girly gifts, party decorations and everyday essentials (if you consider gold lightening pinatas and designer passport covers essentials, which some people do!) This is a great site to visit when shopping for a secret santa, or a stocking filler, as the site is packed with so many great gifts that you won’t see in too many other stores. I am totally obsessed with the gorgeous Ban.do cup which reads “Kittens get thirsty too”, if you didn’t know already, I am a crazy cat lady and love this! Shop here for €19.50.
- CocoBoutique: One of my favourite shops in town, everything inside this boutique is so girly/cool and sexy. You can honestly find something for anyone in here, from your sister/ girlfriend to your granny! The one piece that I have not been able to get off my mind is the hand painted biker jacket. It is a lot more expensive than all of the other gifts I have featured, as it is available for €189. If you are like me, and you live in a biker jacket, than this could be your dream gift! I think it is so cool! Although CocoBoutique are rebuilding their website you can order over the phone by calling 018994300.
- Blank Canvas Cosmetics: I know I am the last to the party, but I still have to get my hands on the Pippa Palette! I have heard great things, and it does seem to contain great colours that I would use a lot. Blank Canvas is a brand that I trust, I got a set of their brushes about four years ago and most of them are still going strong! That being said, I think their brush sets are also great value and also make great gifts!
Shop the Pippa Palette for €35 here. Shop HD Face Brush Collection here €50.
- Robes4You.ie: And we are back to the personalised gifts, mild obsession! As someone who lives in their robe, a personalised one is a dream gift, and the best part about this type of gift is that it is suitable for everyone! I could give a gift like this to any member of my family, my one year old god-daughter, one of my besties, and you can mark special occasions too such as weddings, or birthdays.
This robe in particular costs €30, and I think it is one of the priciest pieces on the site (which is quite affordable in my opinion). I would probably spend more than that on a robe usually, and I have seen these robes in person and they are a really high quality, so this is a great bargain! Shop here.
I am sure there are hundreds more fabulous Irish brands and companies that I could have listed, but these were the top gifts I could see myself giving to someone else, or being delighted to receive myself. It is fabulous to see so many creative and exciting Irish businesses thriving, and I love to support Irish businesses when possible. An extra cherry on top is that many of these businesses have female women owners, which is really inspiring for me, as I would love to be a successful entrepreneur one day. I follow many of these women and their businesses on social media, and it is awesome to see real life ladies building their businesses and brands.
If you know of any cool Irish companies and gifts that I could have included on my list please let me know in the comments below.
Until next time,