I finally have a pair of Over the Knee boots that I adore, but now I want a brand new wardrobe to match! If you recall my Birthday wishlist from this year, I included this gorgeous pair of Kill Joy boots from ASOS, and then I decided to treat myself a couple of weeks later when I had that ‘rich bitch’ pay day feeling.
I love these boots, they are quite comfortable and I think they make my legs look slimmer too.. BONUS!
These boots keep selling out but check back every so often as they do have more sizes arriving all the time! Shop here.
First of all, I will approach the colours I have chosen. If you follow my style posts, you have probably noticed that I live in all black, so this Winter I will try to make a conscious effort at introducing some new hues to my wardrobe. The colours I will most likely branch out to include Camel, Burgundy and Grey. Add that to my black and white wardrobe and everything can be mixed and matched really easily!
- Camel Wool A line skirt- When I am dressing for Winter I am always looking for interesting textures, and that is certainly what we have here. The wool fabric looks even more unusual when contrasted with the faux leather pocket. This skirt will be great to dress up or dress down, and the camel colour makes it look more luxurious than it actually is. Shop here.
- Oxblood Fedora– I do need a new Fedora for Winter, and a burgundy one would bring a lot more colour to my face, compared to a black one. This is a wool hat so you will be toasty throughout Winter. Shop here.
- Mix Print dress- I have been obsessing over this Millie Mackintosh dress since I saw her wearing it during London Fashion week. This dress is actually perfect for that “dressy/casual” dress code that is so hard to manuever. Great to wear during the day with a flat boot and throw on the heels for a night out. This dress ticks so many boxes for me, it is a skater dress which really flatters me (and most women), it has sleeves which is practical for Winter, and a really eye-catching print. Shop here.
- Striped Polo Neck Dress– So I will obviously still be wearing a lot black and white this winter, and a high neck, long sleeve dress like this would be a great addition to my closet. I love black and white stripes anyway (who doesn’t?), and this piece can be worn as a dress with over the knee boots, but also carried through to next Summer and worn with a pair of trainers. Shop here.
- Ribbed Funnel Neck Top– I love wearing high necks in the Winter, if I can’t wear a high neck I usually have a scarf wrapped around my neck. As mentioned with the camel skirt above, this colour always makes an outfit look a lot more expensive and luxurious. This top could be mixed and matched, dressed up and dressed down, paired with an a-line skirt or a pair of jean. I would love to add this piece to my Winter wardrobe. Shop here.
- 70s Suede Skirt– Suede is the fabric of 2015, and is becoming more important for Winter. This A-line black suede skirt is gorgeous and would look great with a pair of black opaque tights, or worn with brave bare legs in Winter. I love the tiny sliver of skin that is shown when wearing a pair of high boots and a mini skirt. Shop here.
- Knitted Jumper Dress- Everyone needs a cosy jumper dress for Winter, to stay stylish and toasty at the same time. I could see myself wearing this with bare legs and my over the knee boots, with tights and a pair of my ankle boots and with a pair of leggings and my runner. Shop here.
- Berry Wool Coat- I love this belted cocoon coat, and the colour is so warm. Most of my winter coats are darker colours, with the exception of one camel coat, but I always think that brighter wool coats can make an entire look appear more expensive and luxurious. Shop here.
- Coated skinny jean- I always like to buy a pair of coated jeans in Winter, as it is another texture that looks great when wearing all black. Wearing a pair of suede look over the knee boots will look great on a pair of waxed jeans, as the two textures are completely different. Shop here.
That is my dream wardrobe for Winter, and all of these pieces can be mixed with another. As I have mentioned so many times now, my favourite thing for Winter is texture so keep an eye out for lovely knits, suedes, leather, furs, feathers, sequins and more.
If you are looking for a pair of gorgeous boots, take a look at my edit here:
What are your favourite looks for Autumn? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,