I am just back from Puerto Rico and I cannot wait to share with you all of the pics from my fabulous trip. Before I get to that, I wanted to share my beauty checklist, of everything you may need to book/ buy / do before you head away this Summer.
- Mani / Pedi: My boyfriends mum was so sweet and got me a voucher for a mani and pedi in Silk Spa in Dalkey. I got shellac in colour Lobster Roll on both hands and feet, which I loved for my holidays.
- Waxing: I like to get waxed before holidays, but I do intend on getting laser hair removal soon. I went to the Spa in Rochestown Lodge for all of my waxing this year. (if you go on a friday it is SUPER CHEAP!) They use Lycon for all of their waxing as far as I am aware.
- Eyelash & Eyebrows: I always go to Liza at Hyde Grooming for my brows, you can see why here.
- Hair cut: For shiny and manageable hair on holidays you should book into your favourite hairdressers for a trim a couple of days before you fly. I usually go to Saphora, see my post here.
- Body Scrub: For healthy skin you want to do a good scrub and exfoliation before holidays. I like to make my own scrub from olive oil, coffee and brown sugar, then rub it in circular motion all over.
- Moisturise: I used the Nip + Fab hyaluronic fix body gel to prep my body for this holiday, read all about the product here.
- Teeth Whitening: Thanks to my goody bag from the Irish Beauty Blog Awards, I was able to use the Beverly Hills Formula perfect white black toothpaste, which is actually black toothpaste! It contains activated Charcoal, which eliminates bacteria and removes stains.
- Hair Mask: I recently shared my DIY avocado hair mask on the blog, and it gives me super glossy hair. Read about it here. If you don’t get a chance to get a trim before you fly, then I would totally recommend this DIY mask as a hair pick-me-up.
- Tanning: The night before I flew I applied my He-Shi tan (see review here) and I brought it away with me to top up my tan every couple of days. I have a very Irish skin tone which means I do not tan well, or usually evenly, so I wear factor 30 in the sun and rely on my false tan for my golden glow.
- Teatox- I decided to try out the Skinny Mint teatox before I went away. I am not at my goal weight, but I was just looking to get rid of a little bit of bloating around my midsection. I will have a full review posted soon. To be honest I am not sure if it is for me, and when I post my review I will explain exactly why.
Did I leave anything off the list? Who is about to head away on holidays? Safe travels!