The sun has started to make a come back and I can’t help but daydream of Summer. I also purchased my Electric Picnic festival ticket so my eye is being drawn to everything and anything that is festival fashion.
This season the 70s are making a huge comeback and suede is the fabric of choice, while tassels and fringe or the ultimate detail. This may not be a trend that you want to rock from head to toe, but a couple of statement pieces can update your Spring/ Summer wardrobe.
Left to right, row 1, 2, 3.
- Suede Shell Top with Fringe: A simple black shell top with a split back is an amazing piece to wear for cocktails. This is real leather and features fringing along the bottom. I would personally wear this top as the statement piece, add a pair of skinny jeans and heeled sandals and I am good to go. I like to keep things pretty simple and I think this top is so chic that you wouldn’t need too many bells and whistles to add to it. Shop here.
- A bright suede fringe bag is also a fabulous investment for the Summer. This oversized cross body bag is perfect for going day to-night and will even make a great festival companion! Shop here.
- Another Spring/ Summer staple is the humble shorts. So simple to dress up or dress down but this pair have the added bonus of being 100% genuine leather in a beautiful tan colour, and of course, feature fun fringe. Wear with a simple tee and flat gladiators for the easy-going daytime look and dress up with heeled sandals and a chiffon blouse for an evening look. Shop here.
- These are selling out everywhere!!! Layers of fringe make this Summers coolest heeled sandals. Available in tan and electric blue, these suede beauties will make a statement when worn with a little black dress or a pair of jeans. Shop here.
- When I envision myself dancing to Florence and the Machine at Electric Picnic this year, it is in this fringe sleeve dress from Missguided. So 70s, and so chic! Obviously this is not just a festival dress as it looks fantastic with a pair of heeled sandals, for a night out. Shop here.
- Another big festival look will be the tassel suede sleeveless jacket. Add this over a simple tee and shorts combo for a casual cool look. However, this piece can also be layered over a black maxi dress for a really trendy but sophisticated ensemble. Shop here.
- Missguided are completely nailing this suede fringe trend and this jacket is at the top of my lust list! It gives me that “I am so cool without even trying” vibe. Throw it on over pretty much any outfit for a layer of cool. Even a little black dress look will become 10 time cooler instantly with a jacket like this! Shop here.
- This playsuit is for anyone who doesn’t want to follow the trend, and instead adopts the trend to their own look. A faux suede playsuit doesn’t sound like it would work, particularly in a berry colour, but this looks like a vintage boho find that could actually be from the 70s. Shop here.
- Finally, I pretty much want everything in Mango this season, but this skirt in particular has been haunting me. It is a very subtle piece which incorporates the suede and fringe trend, without looking too trendy. The placing of the fringe is similar to a peplum, which is a very flattering look. Shop here.
How will you be wearing suede and fringe over the next couple of months?
Thank you for reading,