When it comes to work wear I do not believe in spending a lot of money on amazing brands and pieces, I prefer to purchase some basics and mix and match for several looks. I also like to keep my work wear seperate from my everyday clothes… almost like a uniform.
- Black pants: whichever style and fit suits you and you are most comfortable in. I personally like slim fit.
- Navy pants: Again I like slim fit and I love navy pants as they are warmer than black.
- White shirts & blouses: whichever style suits you but as it is work wear ensure it is not low-cut or revealing in any way.
- Pencil Skirt: I like simple black, but in summer I do like something in a print to brighten up my wardrobe.
- Midi skirt: Always looks more formal and sophisticated, again I usually go for classic black.
- Cardigans and sweaters: I like to keep a couple of bright colour cardigans and sweaters in my work wardrobe so that when I am wearing black pants and a white shirt a bright colour can change the look entirely.
- Jewellery: I have to wear a watch at work, I would feel naked without it. I usually wear simple stud earrings and a ring or some bracelets. From time to time I wear a statement necklace if everything else is simple.
- Bags: I have two bags I wear to work, my Mulberry Bayswater and my Louis Vuitton epi leather speedy. One is chestnut brown and the other is black. They are both big enough to keep all of my work essentials.
- Shoes: Realistically I can get through a work week with 3 pairs of shoes; my Zara black pumps (so comfortable) my beige Forever 21 pumps and a pair of ballerinas, but every now and again I will wear some of my prettier, less practical shoes.
Here are some instagram pictures of my usual work wear:
Sweater and slim fit pants combo, one of my favourites for colder Las Vegas days. Simple and chic.
I think midi skirts are really elegant and flattering.
I personally like pencil skirts, but a knee length A line skirt can be just as suitable.
I love wearing a necklace under my collar.
Sometimes an earring can also be worn as a collar pin.
Same outfit as above but switched the white blouse for a nude tee shirt from Penneys.
Spending summer in Vegas meant that it was too hot to wear black… EVER. So I went on the hunt for a summery alternative.
Closer look at blouse and cardigan with shoulder details.
Love my patterned pants, a refreshing break from black pants.
I love adding red to black & white ensembles.
My essentials: Black pants, black pumps, black bag and black skulls.
I get a lot of wear out of my work pieces as I mix and match them to try and get a new look from older pieces. Some of the pieces I own can transition between my work wear and my “everyday” wardrobe. I do not like to wear some of my really special pieces to work as I think they are not as special then… yes it is rather weird way to think but I look forward to looking at the other end of my closet at the weekend and ‘treating’ myself to some of the pieces that I do not get to wear as often, feels special.
What are your essentials for work? Do you like to give yourself a uniform or is everyday something different?
Thank you for reading