Summer is coming to an end in Vegas (that means the weather is no longer in triple digits ha) so to end it with a bang, we decided to head to Wet Republic Ultra Pool to see one of my favourite DJs, Mr Calvin Harris. For those of you who have not been, Wet Republic is a huge pool party that takes place 4 days a week, every week over the summer at the MGM Grand. There is usually a DJ playing and if it is not Calvin Harris it could be Tiesto, Tommy Trash, Steve Aoki….. the list goes on.
This is considered a day club so there is a dress code, but some people can take it to the extreme; I did see one girl in her Christian Louboutin Lady Peeps, and several ladies in FULL make up including false eyelashes. I opted for a slightly more casual look that included flip flops.
- My dress is from Dunnes Stores, my mum bought this for me before she came to visit me earlier this year. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but it is a button up dress which makes it perfect for going to the pool as it is easy to pop on and off.
- My bag is from Penneys, I brought a clutch that I don’t use too much just in case it got wet.
- My flip flops are from Walmart, they are about $3, and I have them in several colours!
As I mentioned before, some girls like to wear a full face of make up for these pool parties, I however HATE wearing make up when I am in the pool as the make up just goes cakey and blotchy and you can end up looking ridiculous.
- I started with an SPF of 80, maybe a little extreme but if you are out in the sun all day, you can’t be too carefull.
- I added my eyebrows (which you cannot see under my sunglasses) because if I do not fill them in they are non existent. I use NYC brow kit.
- I put a little bit of colour on my face using NYC mosaic powder which has a little bit of bronzer, blush and highlighter all in one.
- I also used an amazing mascara; Maybelline The Rocket in waterproof which did not budge! Seriously.. It was still on my lashes after my shower when I got home.
The main pool at Wet Republic & the stage where Calvin Harris was playing. I have seen him play at Hakkasan before and was expecting an amazing set, he did not disappoint! The atmosphere at Wet Republic was amazing, and got a little wilder when Calvin Harris started playing. I would recommend Wet Republic to anyone visiting Las Vegas looking to party during the day.
I wore my trusty Marc Jacobs sunglasses as they are they most comfortable pair I own (sounds odd but my raybans have a tendancy of slipping down my nose and I didn’t want to spend the day fixing them). Conor wore his gold & white Gucci aviators (they were mine but I feel they are a little big for my face and suited him better).
For my bikini I decided to mix & match! Both pieces are a couple of years old.
- The bright green triangle ruffle top from Topshop
- The bottoms are Thomas WIlde. I took a picture of the back because I wanted to show the medallion on the back of the bottoms.
I had such a fun and
thank you for reading.